Annual maintenance for an air conditioner is not optional: it is mandatory for the system to last its full lifespan, work efficiently, and avoid surprise breakdowns and repair issues. With a yearly visit from an experienced maintenance technician, an AC will live up to its manufacturer’s promise of years of efficient and effective cooling.
If you haven’t had your air conditioning maintenance in St. Augustine, FL for the year yet, now is a great time to schedule it—you can beat out the rest of the summer heat!
Contact Climate Masters today and ask about signing up for our maintenance program to receive a full inspection and tune-up that will make sure your AC can handle the stresses of a Florida summer.
So what actually happens during maintenance?
The technician who comes to your home will go through a checklist that covers every part of your air conditioning system. Here are some of the major steps involved in regular maintenance:
- Checking the thermostat. The thermostat’s operation is crucial to making sure that the air conditioning behaves the way it should. The technician will see that the thermostat is calibrated correctly.
- Cleaning the condensate line and drain. This will ensure that the AC will not start to drip water because of a blocked drainage system.
- Oversee the electrical system. The technician will make tightenings and adjustments where necessary to ensure that the electrical system is in good shape.
- Check on the compressor and make sure that its motor amperage is correct. Damage to the compressor is one of the most serious issues and AC can encounter, so this is an especially important step.
- Check airflow and change the air filter.
- Looking over the evaporator and condenser coils to see that they are clean and free from damage. The technician will clean the coils if necessary.
- See that the refrigerant in the system is at its proper charge, and adding the necessary amount if it is not.
- Lubricating of all mechanical parts that require it. This will reduce the mechanical stress that can lead to motor burn-out and energy-draining operation.
If there are any repairs your system needs, your technician will ask for your approval before starting the work. If you sign up for the maintenance program at Climate Masters, you will receive a 10% discount from the total repair costs; this will also apply to any emergency services. (Some exceptions apply.) The program also delivers you a yearly inspection and tune-up for your heating system, so you will have year-round comfort protection.
For air conditioning maintenance in St. Augustine, FL, look no further than our superb team.